Books are the greatest blessing

It is a great pleasure to be a part of a forum that discusses books. Books have always been my best friends. I turn to them in joy and sorrow and feel strongly that life without books would be impossible. I appreciate the initiative taken by Mrs. Anitha, our librarian and Mr. Rajendran, our Principal. As Sir rightly pointed out in his message, books are the greatest blessing, especially in these trying times.
I am happy to see that students have turned to reading. I,too, am making use of the lockdown to widen my reading experience. Apart from some bestsellers, I read two interesting books recently.
'Home" by Manju Kapur, published by Penguin, is an interesting story of the conflicts that arise in a joint family due to the changes in society. Manju Kapur had impressed me with her deep insight into the workings of the human mind in the book, 'Difficult Daughters'. This book follows the changes in a family through three generations. The sari-selling family must cope with changes in tastes, values and the aspirations of the younger generation.
'Shunya' by Sri M is another interesting book I read recently. It is Sri M's first novel. As I was familiar with his books, I couldn't contain my desire to read his novel and opted for the e-book as it was easily available on my reading app, Anybooks. An excellent book which may be enjoyed on various levels, the book is essentially about a person, Shunya, who appears in a village in Kerala and takes up residence near a toddy shop. The whole village slowly realises that Shunya is no ordinary man. Shunya, which means 'nothingness', demonstrates that nothing is permanent in life. Many of the incidents described in the novel have been drawn from Sri M's own experiences. A very meaningful and interesting book.
At present, I am reading 'Karna's Wife' by Kavitha Kane. I was deeply impressed by two of her novels- Sita's Sister, and Lanka's Princess. I hope to enjoy this book too.
SO to all the members of this blog- HAPPY READING

Comments

  1. Thank you Janaki Madam for penning down your reading experience.Thank you for introducing those new titles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring encyclopedia 'General Knowledge Genius'

MOTHER THERESA

Message from The Principal